1. What is the name of your blog and how did you come up with it??
Cookies For Breakfast.
I was sitting on my couch, largely pregnant (read: I could only wear slippers because shoes didn’t fit anymore), eating Oreos for breakfast on a Saturday.
For the record, this had nothing to do with the fact that I was pregnant – I eat cookies for breakfast regardless if I can play the pregnant card or not.
Then it hit me – Cookies for Breakfast! Because sometimes, life isn’t perfect. Because sometimes, you need cookies for breakfast to get you going. Because sometimes, you need a break from the monotony and need to have some fun!
2. What do you love the most about blogging??
Friendships and having a log about my life & family.
I’ve meet some totally amazing people through blogging. I hardly update my personal facebook anymore because I don’t care to – I’d rather share things with my “blog friends” because those are the people I interact with the most. Is that strange, that some of my closest friends, I’ve never met in real life, and only know them through the internet?
I also absolutely love having this blog to track my life, Benjamin’s life, and everything in between. I’m HUGE on memories, and I love going back and skimming through old posts and crying.
3. What are your 2 favorite posts you've written?
These show my funny and sappy sides. You’ll get more of my funny side, here on Cookies For Breakfast, because I’m a comedy ninja.
But occasionally I get a little bit sappy (who am I kidding… in real life I’m sappy ALL DAY LONG), and you’ll get some of that here too.
4. What is something you'd want to tell someone just starting out in blog world?
- Don’t be a “no-reply” blogger. I respond via email to all comments, and if your email isn’t available, I can’t respond. And I like to communicate with my peeps!
- Don’t have word verification (captcha) as part of the comment section on your blog. Talk about pain in the ass.
- Network! See question #5 below.
- ABOVE ALL, be nice. I mean, that should go without saying, but be nice. To everyone. Big bloggers, small bloggers, everyone. If you disagree with someone, be nice in your response – or don’t respond at all. Don’t just dismiss a person/blog because they don’t have 8 gazillion followers – everyone starts with 0 followers, even Dooce & The Pioneer Woman. The person could end up having more followers than you someday, and then you’ll feel like a real asshole.
5. Biggest blogging learning experience you've had?
I originally assumed, IF YOU BLOG IT, THEY WILL COME, but that’s not necessarily true. Doing linkups, meeting friends, reading & leaving meaningful comments on other blogs – those things really help you grow, AND have the best benefit of all – making these great friendships and connections that are famous in blogland.
Then you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around… THAT’S WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT! The friends!
6. Give us 3 blogs we NEED to be following that you love.
<shameless self-promotion> Mine… tee hee
Because she’s my first & bestest blog friend, & the coolest, funniest person you’ll ever meet: The Memoirs of Megan
Because she’s adorbs, hilarious, & regularly feeds my ego by telling me how cute my child is: This Hive
Because she cracks me up daily, via comments, posts, & emails, & is so stinkin sweet: Every Day Is Your Runway
Happy Sunday, friends!