Another Tuesday, another week of Mommy Confessions! I have nothing big and deep and bold for you this week – more of a menagerie of sorts – but certainly entertaining, if I do say so myself.
- I’m starting to freak out that we’re moving in two weeks. Like really freaking out. When I think about how my water broke in this house and how this is where I spent hours and weeks and days and months with a tiny baby Benjamin, I start to lose it.
- Packing up a house with a toddler is no joke. I’m talking, bribe-him-with-animal-crackers-and-the-Sprout-channel all. day. long.
- Speaking of Sprout, I really hate Caillou. Like really freaking hate that annoying, whiny kid. And I’m not alone. Seriously, Google, “Why Caillou sucks,” (Or click that handy link. See? I’m always looking out for you.) and you’ll get many entertaining hits.
- And while we’re on the topic of TV, it’s too bad Benjamin doesn’t find Downton Abbey as entertaining as I now do, since he was exposed to the show, in its entirety, over the past weekend. I watched the entire first and second seasons, plus the aired episodes of season three, nonstop. So much that when I talk to myself, as I often do throughout the day, I now do it in a British accent, and say things like, “Oh my heavens.” Or, “Hush hush, dearest Benjamin. Mommy wants to see what Lord Grantham has to say in this scene. Run along now, jolly old chap!”
I haven’t seen the remaining episodes of season 3 so don’t ruin it if you’ve seen them all!
- I laugh when I get nervous or uncomfortable. Why is this a mommy confession? Because when Benjamin was having the meltdown to end all meltdowns during his 15 month checkup last week, I was laughing uncontrollably like a complete asshole, while I helped the pediatrician literally hold down B’s arms and legs during the exam.
- I just whipped out a brand new one of these, but don’t get too excited just yet. It may be almost time, but not quite. Never hurts to get a baseline though!
- We have found a temporary home for Cooper, but I’m still worried about how much we’ll miss him and if he’ll miss us. He’ll be staying with the breeder who we bought him from – AND – his mom! How cool, right? Kind of gives me the warm fuzzies, picturing the two of them reunited.
- Minus yesterday, which was a packing/whining struggle-ish day, I can’t even tell you how much better I feel after posting last week’s Mommy Confession. I’m not sure if it was simply getting that off my chest, or things have been less whiny, or a combination of the two, but I’ve kind of really been seeing and feeling the joy in the age of toddlerhood!
Have a confession to share? Come join us!Pin It